The Emerging Technology Company of the Year Award
This award honours a growing company showing excellent progress – demonstrating impressive growth in areas such as revenue, headcount, innovation, investment and/or market traction as success indicators.
The following criteria will be considered in determining the winner:
- Why does the company itself believe it deserves recognition as the emerging technology company?
- Is the company thinking big? Do they have real growth ambition? Strength of leadership – the team, their vision and how are they are driving the company’s success?
- How has the company demonstrated positive financial growth and has the company’s value increased as a result of its market performance?
- Has the company grown, or is it growing its employee base?
- Has the company global appeal for its product/service?
- What characteristics of the company’s strategy support a strong, and unique position in the marketplace (for example, novel/valuable expertise, barriers to entry, speed to market, life expectancy, technical prowess, validated solution to a major commercial opportunity or technical hurdle, etc.)?
Who can apply?
To qualify, the company will be seen to be emerging in the technology space – it may be a start-up or more established company that is making a noteworthy change in business model or direction in pursuit of growth ambitions. The company will be an SME (likely with less than 100 employees) and/or demonstrate exceptional growth from their existing position helping the UK to be seen as a global technology leader. The winner should demonstrate an outstanding and/or innovative product or service, company financial strength, and overall success. Key considerations are positive financial performance, sustainability, impact on the industry and market, and ground breaking technology.
Online Application Form
The intent of the application process is to acquire sufficient evidence without being burdensome or overly bureaucratic to both applicants and judges. Award candidates are therefore encouraged to provide clear and concise information that is distinctly relevant to the award so that judges are not placed in a position of subjective interpretation.
Where you have worked as part of a team be sure to make it clear in the application how your achievements have been made – judges will not be able to make decisions on inconclusive evidence and will naturally frown upon information interpreted as misleading – therefore, if you worked as part of a team be explicit about what you have done and what was contributed by the team.
All accompanying information should be accurate at the time the application is submitted and should be unlikely to change adversely in a negative capacity in relation to the award before the end of the calendar year.
By submitting an application you confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria set out above.