The Product of the Year Award
In today’s intensely competitive markets for electronics products, it is absolutely essential that new products enable exciting capabilities within a tight window of market opportunity while meeting exceptionally high quality and reliability standards. The Award recognises new and innovative thinking and demonstrable success in:
- Understanding the quality and reliability requirements of a given market sector
- Translating these requirements into a Product Qualification Plan
- Liaison with internal and external (where applicable) business functions and service providers
- Delivery of the product to the market to the expected quality levels including a plan to tackle yield, quality or reliability issues
The award will therefore recognise the development of a product delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction, quality and reliability through clear demonstration of best practice in product creation and qualification.
- Supportive information should illustrate the following key points:
- Defined approach to understanding market requirements
- Evidence of integration of quality & reliability into the product development cycle
- Evidence of cost effective cross-functional team-work – where applicable including the customer, external partners etc.
- Evidence of outstanding performance and reliability
Who can apply?
Open to any electronics systems company which is based in and /or operates from UK / Ireland
Online Application Form
The intent of the application process is to acquire sufficient evidence without being burdensome or overly bureaucratic to both applicants and judges. Award candidates are therefore encouraged to provide clear and concise information that is distinctly relevant to the award so that judges are not placed in a position of subjective interpretation.
Where you have worked as part of a team be sure to make it clear in the application how your achievements have been made – judges will not be able to make decisions on inconclusive evidence and will naturally frown upon information interpreted as misleading – therefore, if you worked as part of a team be explicit about what you have done and what was contributed by the team.
All accompanying information should be accurate at the time the application is submitted and should be unlikely to change adversely in a negative capacity in relation to the award before the end of the calendar year.
By submitting an application you confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria set out above.